We had a new edition to our family this month! Ethan Casey Johnson was born October 3rd, 2007 at 2:31 am. He was 9 lbs. 3 oz. (the exact weight Kade was!) and 21 1/4 inches long. He's absolutely ADORABLE! Ethan is a very quiet and happy baby. His newborn cry is so precious. He's started to have gas smiles that make your heart melt! I can't wait until he smiles on his own. Like Kade, Ethan is very alert and is constantly studying his surroundings with his big blue/brown eyes.
Being the parents of two has been an easier transition than we expected. ~We still get tired but I suppose that won't change for 20 years or so. =) We've learned to value Kade's nap time and have designated that as our nap time, too. Despite the long days, we love having our two little boys and we look forward to all of the fun adventures they'll share as they grow older.
Kade has LOVED being a big brother! He has not stopped giving Ethan soft kisses and long hugs. Seriously, sometimes we have to watch them together so Kade doesn't smother his brother. =)every morning when Kade wakes up, he runs to our room to check on Ethan in his cradle. He always comes to Ethan's aid when he cries and has been a huge help with getting diapers, wipes, and the binki. It's been a learning experience for us to know how to encourage Kade's help while teaching him when and how to care for Ethan. His intentions are always good.... Kade's still his little adventurous self, though, and is often found driving his toy cars, playing at the piano, or simply getting into things. Kade now has a few new words to add to "dada" and "hi/bye". He can now say "car" and "hot" and makes loads of sound effects (does this remind you of anyone??? Casey was the sound effect King growing up) for his cars and animals. My Grandma and Grandpa Jones gave Kade a bunch of fun little farm animals and that has launched his new interest in their noises. It's fun to teach him their sounds and hear his interpretations of them. He's especially keen on barking, quacking, and mooing. =) He'll be turning two in December. I can't believe how fast he's growing up!
Here are some fun videos of our family.
Ethan as a brand new baby!
Kade racing daddy with cars (Kade Cheats) ;)
Kade's Baby Video

7 comments:
What a great idea. Our computer is slow and the videos take a while to load. The pictures are great. I look forward to more.
Love, Mom
What a cute bunch of peoples! Now Mom and I will race to the computer every day to see the new stuff first. I've never seen cuter boys. Cuter than my own were :) Thanks for doing this. We look forward to much more! Love, Dad
You guys are just too smart!!!! You'll have to let me know when you update so we can keep track! Love you guys,
Angie and the Girls
Alright, we get to see more of you guys even though you're far away. Kade looks so big now and cuter. I mean he was cute before but he's way cuter now. He's a stud. Looks like his mom. HE HE. Just kidding Casey I'm sure there is some of you in there somewhere. We're excited to check out your blog a lot!!!! It's nice to know what you're up to. Congrats on Ethan and I'm glad it's been a smooth transition from one to two, it wasn't that smooth for me. Jimmy likes to watch the videos of Kade so keep them coming.
What a cool idea, how do you do this? Dillon's family lives so far away from us they would love this. Your family is beautiful!!! This is a great way to keep updated on you and your family, but I still don't know where you are living. Let me know, and I am excited about being able to look at this every once in awhile. I had so much fun with you at school and I will enjoy being updated on what is going on with you.
Alicia Dance
This is great! I loved seeing the pictures and videos. I will check in at times for new postings. Love to all 4 of you, Aunt Reida
Hey guy's those are some fun shots it's good to see the updates on your fam. Looks like you've been having loads of fun! Well as you just herd Rylie, Evven, Kiriann and have been in Pocatello, well only for the last 14 months:-). So here is our info. Steven Cell (208)220-6626 Our Home (208)237 9057. E-mail johnchr6@isu.edu. We'll call ya when we come up to see the temple. Love the other Johnson clan.
Post a Comment