Monday, January 28, 2008

PIRANHAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my new Piranhas. These are the coolest fish; and I have had a ton of fun watching them. There are four 6.5 inch Red Belly Piranhas. They are the breed of piranha that is famous for being able to clean up a carcass within only a couple of minutes in the Amazon. They are so stinkin cool!Kade loves feeding them; he is quite the fish fan. Here are some pics so enjoy.


This is the tank when I got it. I have since changed it up a bit. The Piranhas get spooked pretty easy and kept smashing into the structure on the right and beating themselves up on it, and when they hit something they hit it hard, so I have tried to make the tank safer for them and also more enjoyable for them too.


Here is my tank now. I have never had a tank with real plants in it before so that is being fun too. I think it looks a lot better, and my fish sure are enjoying the plants.


Here is my Schoal. They are beautiful fish and have some really nice color.




This is Bertha; She is blind in one and so she looks a little funky straight on, but she is fun to watch!


I just think they are cool, thier lips cover thier teeth, but when you get a good look at them, it is pretty intimidating.




Hiding in the plants, ready to strike!



VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!
I fed them a shrimp, it is not the most intense feeding video, but it is still pretty cool!

Here is one from Youtube that is pretty cool. Not my fish, but you get the idea!


4 comments:

Reflections, Photography by Angie said...

That is Crazy!!! We didn't like the video of the mouse. It was a little intense for the girls! Yuck. Cute blog.

Reflections, Photography by Angie said...

The Shrimp video was ok though :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm. all I have to say is I am glad I am not a mouse. I think we'll postpone dinner for a while.

Joann said...

Ok, I couldn't watch the first time when I saw it with Travis and then he told me to watch with him agian the second time. I was exptecting a more gruesome and bloody scene but it happened pretty quickly. Travis was fasinated by the fact that the piranhas ate the mouse before it got to the bottom of the tank. But it was a sad way to die for the mouse, poor thing.