Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Girl-- At last!


Hello, Everyone!

I know that many of you must have been DYING to see our new little lady! Aliya Kay Johnson was born into our family on October 19th, 2009. With a full head of black hair and the sweetest glow of 'girl'ness, she weighed in at 10 lbs 1 oz (she had to have a head  start to keep up with the boys, I suppose) and was 21 1/2 inches long. She's our biggest baby yet, and the easiest, too. She only recently learned how to cry and even now, it's soft and not really an official cry. 

I just adore this little girl! I wondered whether it really would feel different to have a girl, and it does. She radiates Sweet. Oh, how I LOVE her! Casey very quickly became a fan of pink and bows. In fact, he went to the store and bought spools and spools of ribbon to make bows for her hair. Most of the bows she wears were made by her daddy. It didn't take much at all to get her wrapped around his finger. 

The boys also love their new sister. It took a while to convince Kade that she is a sister, not a brother, but after a few months of reminding him I think he's finally beginning to grasp the idea of gender. --Although, he still asks me if he can have  a baby in his tummy when he grows up. =) Ethan loved Aliya from the start and is always eager to help with her binki and to get her diapers. I was worried that he would be really jealous of her and dislike having a baby, but he's her biggest fan. I will admit that he went through some attention withdrawals and got a little whiny (we're still working on the whining part) but I'm attributing some of that to his glorious age of 2. One of my favorite parts of having our boys old enough to talk and understand the concept of having a new sibling is that they have given her a pet name: "Baby Lila" (pronounced leelah). Casey and I can't help but call her that sometimes because it's just too cute! Overall, the boys have been loving and proud big brothers... Sometimes they do 'love' a little too much and smother her with their hugs and kisses so I have to remind them to give her some space. =) Amazingly, Aliya is very tolerant to having little faces in her face all the time and only rarely does she whimper that she's been 'loved' enough.

Aliya has been smiling for a few weeks, now. Her smile softens my heart. She's such a darling! And I was privileged to be the first one to get her to giggle. I wish you could hear her little feminine voice, it's so soft and girly. --Definitely different from the boys.

Here are some pictures of our Lady Bug:
(yes, I have oodles of nicknames for her. I can't help it!)


Aliya-- five days old.

~Our boys were sick for a few days after Aliya was born so they weren't able to see her until they were better. Thank you Jennie and Angie for watching and taking care of my sick kids. It broke my heart that I couldn't be there and it was such a comfort to know that they were well cared for!

Aunt Angie helping Ethan hold Aliya

Kade's first time holding Aliya

the boys reading books with Aliya. I came across them "reading" to her and showing her the pictures. This made me a very proud mom.

Flower Girl-- just a couple weeks old

My grandparents were able to come see Aliya before they left for their mission to South America. Due to some visa difficulties, they left and came back until Brazil reopens. My Grandpa is coming to stay with us for a night next week. --I know my grandma is wishing she could be here to hold Aliya, too!

Great Grandma and Grandpa Jones with the Klan

Lila in her lady bug dress

One of the MANY pictures of Kade holding Aliya. He's always asking to hold her and "take a picture"

Ethan "holding" Aliya... she doesn't look very comfy, but Ethan always wants his turn, too.

Aliya's Smile

Tummy Time... And yes, her nails are painted. Rianne did this for her when we were home in Moses Lake for Christmas. I can't bring myself to take it off, it's so cute. 

5 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Oh my gosh Natalie! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! CONGRATS! I bet you are loving the bows, pink and all the other girly stuff after 2 boys! Maybe I'll get my little boy after having 2 girls!! :-) So excited for you!

Emily said...

How cute! I don't blame you for being in love with those cute kids one bit. They are all so sweet! Aliya just gets cuter and cuter! We miss you guys.

Weldon said...

Three of the cutest 13 kids in all the world. We love the blog. Do it more often.
Love, Poppi and Grammi

snappy said...

Adorable! I'm so glad you got a little girl. They are bundles of fun!

Damon and Chris said...

OMGosh!!!! So I havent been up with the blog thing forever until now but your kids have grown up so much and your little girl is SO ADORABLE!!!!!!! She is the cutest lil thing I have ever seen!!!! I hope you guys are doing well and miss you tons!